Friday, June 3, 2011

Fernie's Veggie Dip

I've always loved a good veggie platter. Absolute must on any party spread in my humble opinion. I'd like to think it's because I'm such a health nut and that I'm dedicated to ensuring I get the proper serving amount of vegetables a person should have in a day. But let's get real...it's all about the DIP for me!

This dip comes from the mother of my childhood friend Carolee. I've a got a treasure trove of glorious recipes from her and won't hesitate to share them on here. They really are some of my best go-to recipes. And this is a good one to be sure! It comes together in a jiffy and we oftentimes don't wait for a party to make it. It graces our weeknight meal table often.

Thanks Carrie (and Fern), hope you don't mind I'm sharing this with the world. (or the 2 people who follow this blog ;0))

Fernie's Veggie Dip

1 cup mayonaise (no miracle whip allowed-although I do fancy miracle whip as my sandwich condiment of choice)
1 cup sour cream
2-3 green onions, chopped
1 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
2 tsp dried dill (or fresh would probably be delightful, haven't tried it though)

Mix and serve with favorite veggies. Keeps well in fridge for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment